Monday, March 28, 2011

Bathing Suits, Beaches, and Sun...Oh my!

Today was a very relaxing day at the beach to kick off the week. I am not a beach person; however, I was surprised by how nice it was! Jenny, early in the day, was cursing the "weather gods" due to the rainy, cloudy weather. They made up after a while, though, and the clouds parted. Now, some of our students are cursing Jenny for their sunburn. Either way, it was a fun day at the beach.

Although the day was fun, I found South Beach a more...um...interesting experience. It seems shoes and shirts are not required. If you get a chance, you should ask one of us about "Game Started" (Rene, this means you.). Many people also had dogs. The small ones concerned me, for they could have been stepped on at any minute. The shops were a little expensive for a college budget; however, Kelly and I did help send a little boy named Miguel to the water park by buying some chocolate bars from him :). Oh, and who could forget the man dressed as a statue of Elvis. True story.

Kelly just gave us a 15 minute warning until lights out...

Now we're all rushing to refill air mattresses and get in bed for the night. I should get going. Wish us luck on our first day of building!!

Until next time,
Lainie

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the Game Started thing Laine! :)
    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete